Sunday, July 5, 2015

Krew's Birth Story

So the time finally came to have my Krew, the night before I could not sleep! I was up at 1:30 am and didn't go back to sleep for the day.. I was just so anxious and excited. So we got to the hospital about 5:30 am and got all checked in then waited...... I was so antsy and ready to get things started! They finally came in to start the iv and the best part is that it almost made me pass out.. I got nauseous, lightheaded and my blood pressure dropped into the 80/50 range.. Pretty funny after the fact but kinda miserable while it was happening! Then we waited again..... Finally it was time to walk to the OR yay it was almost time to meet my baby but first the worst part of all the spinal. I had to sit up and lean forward while he did it and it just isn't a fun procedure, once again I got nauseous and lightheaded then they laid me down and did the dreaded catheter and started getting everything ready! My spinal wasn't as strong as it's been in the past which scared me at first thinking I would feel the cutting but then they shot me up with some fentanyl and suddenly I was floating and calm. For some reason little Krew was a bit stuck and they had to really push hard on my upper stomach and ribs quite a few times to get him out and then I hear "look up mom" and my pudgy swollen faced little blue baby is looking down at me.. No worries he pinked right up once his cute cries filled the OR. Once he started crying he kept crying and crying as they cleaned him up and took his measurements, he was a whopping 8 pounds 4 ounces and 19.5 inches long with a head full of brown hair! We've been a bit obsessed with that hair since the very first moment we saw it. They got him all cleaned up and wrapped up and handed him to Robbie and then I was done and I got to hold my precious boy for the first time. I nursed him when we got back to the room and he did pretty good and then started grunting like crazy.. His breathing and oxygen was ok the nurse kept checking it but he just kept grunting.. It was adorable, I kept looking at him and couldn't believe he was mine and that he was actually here for the first few hours and then at some point it clicked and I just had the most euphoric feeling of bliss and happiness and that still hasn't worn off. This baby melts my heart and I am completely smitten with him. He was very very sleepy after that first feed and for the next few days it was very hard to get him to eat because he would just fall asleep.. I've never had such a sleepy baby before! He ended up losing 7% of his weight by the second day when we went home so he weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces and they said we needed to go in to the doctors office in 2 days for a weight check. They also circumcised him on day 2 before we went home, I always hate that, the Dr did a plastibell this time which is weird and kinda freaked me out but she said he did really well during it and he came back to the room looking cute as ever with sugar water stuck all over his cute chin. He's the perfect baby, he sucks his bottom lip in all the time, rarely opens his eyes and when he does they are little slits because his poor eyebrows and nose are so swollen, it's absolutely adorable. He has the tiniest feet, long toes, big hands and chubby fingers with long nail beds like his dad. Rob kept saying things like, "thank you for convincing me we needed another baby" and "you were right, we needed one more" and just being as awestruck and obsessed with how perfect this baby boy is as I am. Krew Ben Anderson we are so blessed and lucky that you are part of our family and we are completely in love with you baby boy, welcome to this life angel!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive