Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Soy Allergy vs Intolerance!





So over the past month or so I have been having chest pain...scary right? SO I have been changing everything in my diet thinking maybe too much caffeine, too much fat, I started prilosec, I have been running and trying to get more sleep etc...and nothing was helping the pain was actually getting more frequent...I could not figure it out and then a light went on and I thought maybe it was the soy milk I started drinking about a month or so ago as well...and so I have been paying more attention and I am pretty sure that is the cause so of course I stopped the soy milk but...chest pain was still occurring but now at different times of the day (before it was hitting around 12 or 1 due to the soy milk in the am) So I started reading ingredients and guess what soy lecithin is in just about EVERYTHING!!! Ya what the heck, and apparently now I cant even eat things that I used to that contain soy lecithin, some items it is in are chocolate chocolate chocolate, peanut butter, cake mixes, animal crackers, lucky charms, oreos, ding dongs...obviously not the healthiest of foods but still sometimes a girl needs her sweets! What I am really really upset about is sushi...how in the world can I eat sushi without soy sauce??? Or really any sushi as I would think it would be cross contaminated with all the soy sauce, and chinese food is out because again its made with soy sauce! BLAH, I feel so bad for people with food allergies, especially anaphylactic ones...all I get is chest pain but what if everytime I accidentally ate a soy lecithin product I had anaphylaxis...SCARY! Anyways that sucks but onto other things, my cousin Jeremy got married today yay for him :) Koston has been sick but not bad just a cold so far and mainly it is just bugging him at nights, he is a funny crazy smart little kid and its amazing how fast he picks things up, he has even started saying potty when he has a poppy diaper...WHAT? Is it time to start potty training already it cant be he is only almost 16 months...still just 5 teeth, still loves removing his pants and even sometimes his shirt, he is a climber he figured out how to climb into his baby einstein bouncer...and out uh oh that just happened today now how will I ever shower if I cant keep him contained in the einstein??? He loves climbing he will walk up to me and hold his hands up and say "lime lime" which means he wants to climb up my legs, its so cute, he gives us real kisses now!!! His kisses are the absolute BEST he puckers those cute little lips oh man I love it so much! As far as my photo biz I am starting to feel more confident on shoots not getting SO nervous as I did before which is nice...but its also a very frustrating business so up and down...I get bummed alot of the time but its ok I have another job right...Also speaking of the hospital one of our patients died pretty unexpectedly last week, I was so shocked when I heard, it really sucks when your patient goes through all of their chemo and is DONE with treatment to end up dying of something other than leukemia! I loved this patient so much and I am so sad about his passing. It just SUCKS! And is unfair and I will miss him so much, we seem to be having a rough go up on E8 lately, our patients are just having a hard time and with this crappy flu/RSV season coming up I am so scared for my patients and for my friends family and my baby as well. I hate this season it also SUCKS! Anyways I am so greatful for all that I have I really am, and I love you all!

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive