Friday, December 31, 2010

2 week check up!

I can't believe my baby is 2 weeks old today it has gone by soo fast!! His check up was yesterday and he is almost back to birth weight he was 7 pounds 11.5 ounces he was down to 7 pounds 1 ounce the day we came home from the hospital so he is doing very good :). He is also getting tall he was 19 3/4 inches long :) everything is looking great except he has a blocked tear duct which makes a very goopy right eye and apparently it can take up to a year to clear up!! Crazy huh, he gave me some antibiotic ointment to help when it's super goopy but otherwise there is not much we can do. He had to get his heel pricked again and he really wasn't happy about that :( so we weren't able to get his circumcision done at the hospital so we went in last Wednesday and had our doctor do it and I went in with him and watched. It is a really gruesome procedure and it still makes me feel sick thinking about it. I felt do guilty for putting him through that for days as his unit looked TERRIBLE for a few days. I kept asking myself WHY did I do this to my baby?? For a slightly less chance of uti? The doctor told me Utah has an 80% rate of circumcision while other states are around 40% weird right? I had both the boys done just because it's the "normal" thing in Utah I guess. But after seeing the procedure, because I didn't watch Koston's since we were still in the hospital, I definitely felt very bad and guilty for putting my babies through that. Anyways he has healed up and I don't think he is in pain anymore which is good. The doc said they don't think the babies feel pain after the procedure but the first few times he peed he screamed! So I know he felt pain but I'm glad it's over. Anyways things are going great I'm getting around great and not having anymore incisional pain and it's wonderful! We are just loving life! Happy new years!!!!

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive