Saturday, July 23, 2011

Grandma Gray

I miss my Gramma, she passed away peacefully at about 1215 am Monday June 6, 2011. Her funeral was a week ago today, Saturday June 11, 2011. The last 3 months leading up to this have been hard, but have also brought our family closer. We visited grandma close to every day that I didn't work and I'm so grateful we did and that she got that time with my boys and they got that time with her. I miss her so much I can't believe I won't get to see her cute little waddle walk or when you strike her funny bone and that cute crooked smile appears on her face, or the times she made us all laugh so hard that we cried I miss my gramma. I'm sad my boys probably won't remember her and that they won't get to know her, I'm sad that I honestly feel like I never got the chance to really know her. For most if what I can remember she has been depressed and in poor health and just not very talkative and it makes me so sad. I know she is finally free of that pain and depression and that's amazing but I still miss her so much. I miss going to the care center/hospital/hospice center each day to see her. It was hard the first handful of times I went to her house after she passed and saw her room just how she always had it, it's getting easier to see it but it's also feeling more teal that she's gone. She won't ever call my phone 5 times but leave zero messages, or try to kiss me on the lips when I was going for a cheek kiss or laugh at the picture of me pregnant on Santas's lap with Koston because he was scared by himself. I am so grateful I got to spend her last day with her, as much work as it was with the kids being there it was so important and I'm so blessed to have had that time with her. I love and miss my gramma so much.

No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive